14 July 2012

Forward

It's hard starting a blog, but only if you want it to be entertaining or readable. If you want it to be boring you just use it as a diary and talk about everything you do each day.

 
Today I painted my toenails with Italian flags and wove pasta through them just to be more obviously symbolic. [Source: Mark Mitchell]

Even with the discouraging idea that who I am might not be entertaining to other people, I'm still drudging forward.

And that word (forward) makes the most sense to me in this attempt to write things online that others might actually want to read. It describes me better than any other word that I've used to describe myself when someone has asked me to describe myself with one word.

I am forward in how I talk, which leads people to think I'm inconsiderate sometimes. I like to think that I'm "notably advanced or developed" in my thinking.

I'm going to write about how bad government is by calling politicians stupid. [Source: Pedro Ribeiro Simões]


Most importantly, the whole point of this blog is to place myself out there, to step forward and garner an audience that might help the world see that I love writing. More specifically, might help agents and editors see that I love writing and people love reading it.

More forwardly, I'm doing this to promote myself.

After all, it's a blog, so it's going to be about me, or at least what's on my mind. Which, as a forewarning, can and does change as I get older, because I'm sure not getting any younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment